Turn a tiny living room into a welcoming space for relaxing and entertaining with these clever decorating tricks
1. Choose light colours for the walls, like soft mauve, pale lime and subtle cream, to add warmth and interest without making it feel closed in. Steer clear of crisp white as this is best kept for a larger open-plan room.
2. Avoid fussy-shaped furniture and stick to boxy shapes for a clutter-free look. Go for occasional tables with cut-away sides that reveal more floor space and trick the eye into believing the room is larger than it really is.
3. Invest in modular pieces, like stackable shelves, that give the impression of bespoke storage, and can be configured to fit your space exactly.
Video Of The Week
4. Look for stowaway furniture, such as cube seating that can be tucked under a coffee table when you don’t need them.
5. Pick one or two statement items, such as an over-sized table lamp, that will make the room feel up to date and draw attention away from its size.
Shop for the look: