From wacky wallpaper designs to playing with colour, we've picked 20 of our favourite ideas to transform your walls
As the biggest surface area in any room, walls have a massive impact, yet offer some of the easiest and most affordable ways to refresh your home. Dramatic displays, simple paint tricks and quirky wallpapers – check out our inspiring guide to turning your home’s blank canvases into masterpieces.
Play with paint
1) Choose the right paint effect. Whether you’re painting over brick or wood, check out our essential guide to paint for everything you need to know.
2) Pick a shade to suit your scheme. Follow our guide on how to choose the right colour for your walls.
3) Be colour confident. Check out our guide to painting walls in your favourite colour.
4) Mix it up. Whether you pull out a paint colour from your existing living room wallpaper, go for two contrasting shades of paint in your bathroom scheme, or even try a bespoke mural in your bedroom, paint is a quick, easy and endlessly versatile way to liven up your room.
Wow with wallpaper
5) Get clued up. With endlessly inventive prints and colours,
wallpaper is a ready-made source of a skilled designer’s work and
inspiration – all you have to do is hang it. Watch our video on how to hang wallpaper.
MPU 01 Desktop
MPU 01 Mobile
6) Be inspired by the latest wallpaper trends. We show you how to do everything from creating a work zone to livening up your bedroom, with our latest wallpaper ideas.
7) Play with different wallpaper effects. It’s not just about the design you pick, but how you use it, too. Check out our 7 ways to give your walls the wow factor.
8) Add texture to your scheme. Why not try a new take on wallpaper? We show you how to use textured wallcoverings.
9) Pretty up your children’s room. Treat your tots to one of these cute children’s wallpaper designs. We have ideas to suit every age group.
Choose the ideal design
10) Create a feature wall with a statement design. Check out our favourite statement wallpapers – they’ll add instant panache to your scheme.
11) Add subtle detail with tonal wallpapers. Check out our favourite tonal wallpaper designs – they’re great for blending into an existing look.
12) Say it loud and proud with a wacky wallpapers. If you’re feeling brave, why not take inspiration from our weird and wonderful wallpapers gallery for quirky looks you won’t believe.
13) Choose a design that won’t break the bank. Check out our best bargain wallpapers under £25 for updating your scheme for less, and check out our gallery of the latest wallpaper designs for every price range.
14) Be inspired by the latest looks … If that’s not inspiration enough, why not browse our product finder for hundreds of fantastic designs.
Try other finishing touches
15) Create a dramatic display. Whether it’s a collection of
photo galleries, a large panelled mural, or a mosaic, you don’t have to
cover your walls with wallpaper or paint to make your mark. Check out
our 10 statement wall ideas.
16) Add interest with wall stickers. We’ve searched the web for some great wall sticker designs to inspire you.
17) Hang a stylish photo gallery. Browse our great ways to display your family snapshots.
18) Highlight your chimney breast. We show you how to use wallpaper to liven up a traditional fireplace.
19) Use tiles to add panache. Modern
tiling bends the rules with bold ways to transform your walls. Vivid
collage, colour, mosaic and structure give this ancient art form new
life. Check out our wacky tile schemes for inspiration.
20) Make a feature out of your TV. Take inspiration from this stylish living room.