Follow Style at Home's step-by-step guide to making your own floral cushion
Looking for bedroom decorating ideas? You can easily create a relaxed, timeless feel by adding home-made accessories to your bedroom. Mini cushions made with ever-so-pretty ditsy patterns in soft pastel shades are perfect for a vintage-style bedroom.
£16.76 for two (use spare for Hanging Heart)
What you’ll need
* 20cm each of Tilda Rosebird Teal, Flower Garden Blue and Spot Teal, all £17.99 per m (W132cm), John Lewis
* 2 x 20cm lengths of East of India braid, £3.50 per reel, John Lewis
* Cushion pad, £2.49, Dunelm Mill
Use spare braid to trim pillowcases. Pop in the washing machine before you sew it on to prevent shrinking when you wash the finished ones.
1) For the front cushion, cut one piece of the bird fabric 18cm x
20cm and the same in the spot. With right sides together, pin and
machine-stitch (1cm seam allowance) along a 20cm edge. Press seam open.
Pin the braid along the right side of your seam and hand-stitch in
place. For the second cushion, repeat using the bird and floral fabrics.
2) Cut a back piece for each cushion 34cm x 20cm in the third fabric. With
the right sides together, pin the backs to the fronts. Machine-stitch
around the two long and one short sides.
3) Turn the covers the right way and press. Stuff using the filling from the cushion pad. Slip-stitch the fourth side closed.
Video Of The Week
Looking for more craft ideas? Use remaining fabric, braid and filling to make this gorgeous Hanging Heart.