Follow our easy Christmas craft guide to making a stunning decoration to hang on your door
This classic door decoration will provide a welcoming scent with ivy, roses, eucalyptus, lavender and rosemary.
What you will need:
• 30cm diameter ring of florists’ foam
• Florists’ wire
• Secateurs and scissors
• Large bunch of ivy
• 8 stems of eucalyptus
• Small bunch of rosemary
• Small bunch of cotton lavender
• 30 stems of fresh lavender
• 5 St Cecilia pale pink roses
• 5 Tower Bridge deep cerise roses
• 5 Purple Tiger purple and white striped roses
• Selection of mini pink and purple baubles
• 1m organza ribbon
Step 1: Prepare the foam ring
• Take the florists’ ring and soak it in cold water for one hour. Remove.
• Bind florists’ wire around the ring several times in one spot and secure it at the back with another piece of wire, leaving an excess of 50cm for hanging on the door.
• Trim all the ivy into 8-10cm sprigs.
Step 2: Push in pieces of ivy
• Arrange the ivy sprigs so the leaves all lie in one direction, then push the stalks into the foam.
• Continue inserting the ivy until the foam is evenly covered on one side and the wreath looks bushy.
• Make sure that the edges of the ring are concealed, too, with ivy extending slightly outwards over the rim.
Step 3: Insert the scented sprigs
• Trim the eucalyptus and rosemary into 8-10cm sprigs.
• Push into the foam wreath at regular intervals, working around the ring and filling gaps.
• Repeat with the two types of lavender.
• Trim the roses until there is just enough stem on each bloom to hold it in the foam.
• Attach wire to the baubles.
Step 4: Finish with roses and ribbon
• Push the roses into the ring, evenly distributing all three varieties. Repeat with the baubles.
• Tie two pieces of ribbon into a bow and wire to the top of the wreath. Insert a nail in the door and hang the wreath by winding the excess wire around the nail several times.
Video Of The Week
• To complete the wreath, cover the exposed wire with ribbon.
• Finally hang the wreath for everyone to admire.