We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
From eco-chic stoves to hole-in-the-wall fires, there's a design and type for everyone
- Where can it be installed? – Electric fires can be stand-alone or wall-mounted.
- Pros – Provides instant heat, and is suitable for homes not connected to the mains gas network. Cheap to buy and easy to install and use, electric fires are also ideal for smoke-control areas.
- Cons – Electricity is one of the most expensive forms of heating fuel, plus many fires don’t have the visual impact of a real flame.
- Best for – Conservatories or homes that don’t have a flue.
- How eco? – Electricity generation makes a large contribution to CO2 emissions and a high impact on the environment.
- Cost – From £100-£1,260.