Keep your house looking cool with the latest innovations for windows
The latest trends for blinds and shutters
- ‘Wow colours such as yellow, red, orange and juicy green are back, both in textiles, lacquered steel and coloured plexi’. Christina Widholm, chief designer and trend forecaster, Faber.
- ‘We’ve seen a rise in sales of wooden Venetian blinds with cotton tapes. For summer, I’d expect this to continue with neutral slat colours and contrasting tapes in coastal blues.’ Rebecca Brooks, marketing manager, Novatec and Eclectics.
- ‘Our up-and-coming trend is for high gloss shutters in dark wenge or black. These look stunning with dark floorboards.’ Mark Carter, company director, Shutterly Fabulous.
- ‘Following in the footsteps of the US, we’re seeing much bigger louvres. We do slats up to 114mm for a really modern look.’ Aideen Smith, marketing manager, Shaftesbury Shutters.
- ‘Our sliding shutter mechanism is great for large spaces and for using shutters as a room divider.’ Harriet Shackleton, sales manager, The New England Shutter Company.