We're suckers for beautiful stationery on Country Homes & Interiors so this weekend we're defying the digital trend and putting pen to paper thanks to these beautiful cards, notepads and more
Are you suffering from digital overload? Join an orderly queue! This week it’s been National Stationery week, a non-for-profit campaign to Get Britain Writing and dispel the myth that handwriting is a dying art, so it’s the perfect excuse to take a proper screen break, shut your laptop, shun Facebook and put pen to paper. From journals and notebooks to cards and to-do lists, we’ve found six beautiful specimens that prove stationery is far from going out of fashion.
1. Ranking seriously high in the style stakes, these luxury illustrated typewriter notecards, £6.50, by Katie Leamon, are crying out for a message tanscribed in a traditional fountain pen. The perfect gift for anyone who appreciates a hand written card, each set has 8 ivory notecards plus new cute-as-a-button kraft polka dot envelopes.
2. New from stationery stalwart Caroline Gardner, these lovely pastel greeting cards are from the Folklore range and cost £2.50 each. For more new Spring/Summer stationery bits from Caroline, including handbag size pieces through to big, bright and bold desk books and jotters, visit carolinegardener.com.
3. We’ve long been a fan of Fenella Smith’s aminal print ceramics, fabric and stationery and these notelets, sold in packs of 10 for £9.50, are no exception. The perfect gift for animal lovers!
4. We’ve been coveting US-based Rifle Paper Co.’s ridiculously stylish range of stationery ever since it launched in 2009 so were delighted to spot this colourful number in Liberty of London. This set of three lined botanical notebooks, each with different designs, costs just £14.50.
5. Calling all bird watchers, this charming blackbird design notebook comes in two sizes and costs from just £1.95. The perfect buy for list-makers, too, and a must-have for your handbag for scribbling down thoughts and ideas when you’re on the move.