What you need to know about clearing your garden
Makeover your garden and get rid of clutter with our handy tips
Have you noticed how easily junk piles up in the garden? From fallen leaves to overgrown hedges, not to mention the dreaded weeds, it just seems to take over. With Spring (and the outdoor entertaining season) fast approaching, now is the time to clear up the views from your conservatory. Here are a few tips to get you started – and make your work lighter.
1. Take a long hard look at what needs to be done: is it just a question of raking a few leaves, cutting some hedges and picking up scattered toys? Or do you need to do some more radical work, such as regaining control over overgrown areas, removing weeds and brambles, or clearing building work debris?
2. This is also a good time to get rid of any garden clutter – unwanted furniture, equipment, pots. Go through everything with a ruthless eye: if you don’t use it, earmark it for removal.
3. Check that you can get all your rubbish taken away by your regular garden waste collection service. If not, find out how and where to dispose of it.
4. Estimate how long it will take to complete the job – both the actual clearing and the waste disposal. Work out when you can do it and block that time out.
5. Can’t face doing it yourself? Get a tradesman to do it for you. Rated People has thousands of recommended experts that can help you.