Island style is all about mixing a fresh blue-and-white palette with
rustic furniture and weathered surfaces - think sunbleached wood and
1. Turn your living room into a chilled-out haven with white, loose-covered sofas and patterned textiles in deep indigo. Bring the seaside indoors with glass hurricanes filled with pebbles and shells, and fix painted fruit crates to the wall to make box shelves for displaying seaglass and driftwood. Add woven storage and wirework accessories to keep the overall look simple yet inviting.
2. Transform a white bedroom into a serene Mediterranean-style sanctuary with hints of indigo, ombre cushion covers and a tile-print bed linen - this eye-popping design is from George Home. Let the pattern stand centre stage by keeping walls and furniture white.
3. If blue isn't for you, re-create a relaxed beach-house feel in a living room with natural colours and textures, instead. Paint walls fresh white, then team a plump leather sofa with a mix of green and cream cushions featuring global prints - find them at H&M. Bring in a subtle coastal vibe with coloured-glass vases and weathered wood pieces.
4. Bring island style to your bathroom with white-painted wall panelling and towels in a mix of sea blues and deep indigo. Strip back floorboards and paint them white for a pared-back feel, or go one step further and make a feature of a roll-top bath by painting it with a statement ombre effect. Finish off the look with white curtains featuring crochet detailing for that carefree Mediterranean feel.
5. Team dark-blue table linen with ikat print cushions for a bold dining room scheme. Dark-wood furniture will keep the look sophisticated, while benches instead of chairs for seating will add that relaxed outdoor-entertaining vibe. A blurred-stripe paint effect on walls will transport you to the breezy Ibiza coastline.
6. For a more contemporary take on Ibiza style, stick to a monochrome colour palette. Combine black-painted furniture with a grey, graphic-print bed linen for a chic look, then sand back floorboards to keep the scheme feeling relaxed and not too put together. A calm off-white on walls will feel more soothing than bright white but will still bring that Mediterranean vibe.
Get the Ideal Home Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for style and decor inspiration, house makeovers, project advice and more.
How to balance radiators - the little-known household task experts swear will slash your energy bills this winter
When was the last time you balanced your radiators?
By Lauren Bradbury
Christmas gifts under £100 - top treats your loved ones this year
If it's gorgeous gifts under £100 mark that you're looking for, you've come to the right place. Get through your gift list with help from this brilliant round-up of potential presents, from some of our favourite brands
By Ginevra Benedetti
That real Christmas tree feeling is a thing – and experts warn you're missing big well-being benefits by going faux
Choosing to go fresh isn't just about looks and scent...
By Jullia Joson