Follow Style at Home's step-by-step guide to making your own 3D vase
Looking for bedroom decorating ideas? Update your bedroom with this beautiful and decorative 3D vase. It’s the small details that make a house a home – so add a little vintage charm with this stunning accessory.
1 hour and 30 minutes
What you’ll need
* 1 pack of White Fimo Soft, £2.29 for 56g, HobbyCraft
* Rolling pin
* Cutting mat
* Craft knife
* Carnation cutters, £3.99 for three, HobbyCraft
* Foil-lined baking tray
* Ovantad vase, £5.99, IKEA
Cake icing tools are perfect for cutting delicate shapes from Fimo. Try Cakecraftshop for a great range of cutters.
1) Unwrap a pack of Fimo and roll it into a ball, then roll out to a thickness of 3mm onto a smooth, clean cutting board or worktop.
2) Using the cutters, make 11 small, three medium and four large
carnations, then roll 11 pea-sized balls of Fimo. Finally, cut eight
leaf shapes using the craft knife. Place on the baking tray, lifting the petals and leaves so they aren’t flat to provide dimension.
3) Preheat the oven to 110˚C/Gas 1⁄4. Bake the flowers and
petals for 30 min. Cool completely. Using super glue, stick a ball to
the centre of each of the small flowers, then glue a small flower to each medium or large flower. Using our finished vase as a guide, glue on the flowers and leaves.
Looking for more craft ideas? Why don’t you try making our Floral picture or Bed runner.