The stars of the show have let us into their living rooms and the world of telly is better for it
Hooray for yet another marvellous series of Gogglebox. When we manage to divert our eyes from Steph and Dom’s adorable dachshund and the enormous pile of doughnuts on the Malones’ coffee table, we’re clocking how the stars of the show have decorated their living rooms. Here’s what we’ve learned…
1. Your coffee table needs to offer ample room for snacks
Move over scented candle, there’s a plate of Bourbons in town. In fact,
why have one coffee table of treats when you can have two?
2. You can really impress friends with a high-impact piece of art
Chess player Bill heard this tip years ago. Unlike the topless woman in
his living room, this lady is pictured wearing a lovely jacket, but we
like her all the same.
3. Brits love red accents
You can’t sit through five minutes of Gogglebox without noticing a red
scatter cushion. Viv and Ralf were bold enough to go one step further,
opting for plush red sofas for an indulgent look.
4. A statement mirror will add instant glamour
Hairdresser Chris has added opulence to his living room by hanging a
large gilt mirror above a black sideboard. If you want to keep things
more pared-back, choose a vintage-style design that complements a tonal
5. If you love classic style, you can’t go wrong with neutrals
Take style tips from Leon and June – a neutral palette sets a soothing,
tranquil mood. How fired up you get when you watch The X Factor is down
to you alone.
6. We’re not afraid to use pattern
Steph and Dom have plumped for checked curtains, while Rev Kate
Bottley’s sofa just wouldn’t look right without its orange and green
throw. We’re hoping it won’t be long before Sandra’s living room gets as
loud as her fabulous wardobe.
7. You can create calm with the right palette
The Moffatt family have so many laughs they have to cool things down
with a pale blue scheme. This chalky shade makes the ideal backdrop for a
relaxed, country-style look.
8. Even tiny dogs love a sumptuous traditional schemeSteph and Dom’s classic gold sofa exudes elegance. If you’re more into
silver than gold, try teaming grey walls with striped upholstery. Cute
pooch not included.
9. A corner sofa is a winner for snuggling up as a familyThe Tapper family are onto this idea. You’ll quickly learn your rank in
your household based on where you get to sit on one of these.
10. You can never have too many cosy blanketsA woollen throw is all you need to keep things welcoming, as
demonstrated by Kate’s vintage number. We think one of her numerous tea
cosies would look right at home in this country-style living room.
Video Of The Week
11. There’s nothing more comforting than chilling in your own armchairWe can learn a lot from Leon and June. They know the best way to settle
in for an evening of TV viewing is to get comfy in your very own chair.
The pair favour a fairly traditional look, but this modern scheme shows
there’s always a place for a squashy armchair.
Feeling inspired? Give your living room a makeover with one of these summery ideas.