We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Whether you need some additional seating or you just want to kick back and relax, check out our pick of the most stylish footstools and pouffes for your home and garden.
Practical, versatile and stylish- not usually three words that go together, but when looking for a new footstool or pouffe for your home or garden, each is as important as the other. Luckily we’ve done the hard work for you and selected our top 10 picks from the high street, to instantly add colour and style to your living space.
1. These Fresh American Trimaran Stripe pouffes, from Dash & Albert, evoke a summertime ambience and coastal vibe with their classic nautical design. Perfect for the patio, playroom or even poolside, they have been UV-treated for outdoor and can even by cleaned with a hose.
2. Inspired by an original design from 1958, this beautifully designed footstool from Oliver Bonas has been covered in high quality ‘Sloane’ fabric from Designers Guild and comes in 6 fresh colours. Handcrafted in Nottinghamshire, it has a solid beech frame, solid oak legs and soft duck feather and foam stuffing.
3. This firm filled pouffe has been made from heavy 100% cotton and filled to the brim with poly beans. With a curious badger print design on top, this pouffe makes a great extra seat when needed and looks great in any room or space. Plus the printed outer cover is removable for easy washing! From Clare Loves.
4. Not only does this beautiful footstool from DFS provide extra seating AND a rest for your tired feet, it also serves as a storage solution, for hiding away unsightly clutter and mess. Available in 4 colour ways and inspired by William Morris’s richly ornate portrayal of nature, the frame has a 10-year guarantee.
5. Available in a choice of putty and dove grey cotton upholstery, the French inspired, Filou Footstool
is hand-carved in mango wood and upholstery foam filled. The classic shape and design means this piece this won’t date and the cushion pad is fully removable for washing.
6. This charming patchwork footstool from Kelly Swallow
, has beenindividually sourced and designed to create a unique heirloom piece, using a mix of designer and vintage fabrics.
Perfect for a family living room, it will add character and charm to your home.
7. From the ever-popular Jonah range at Made.com, this footstool is contemporary yet with a 60’s feel, featuring gentle curves and clean lines with striking, angled legs. The yellow and grey hexagonal weave creates an almost honeycomb effect and the solid beech legs have been covered in clear lacquer for longevity.
8. This beautiful Zebra chevron pouffe from Swoon Editions, has been made in Rajasthan, India using time-honoured techniques by local artisans. Place in front of an armchair and use as a footstool, or pop a tray on top and use as a table, or even just use as somewhere to sit and catch up with some leisurely reading. A great all-rounder.
9. Made to withstand all weathers, ranging from -20°c + 40°c, this versatile Barbados footstool form White Stores, has been designed by award winning garden furniture specialists with your comfort in mind.
Ergonomically shaped from aluminium, which is then entwined with a 12mm Hularo flat weave, it is topped with a thick cushion filled with a reflex form filling.
10. Fancy adding a bit of fruity fun into your playroom or kids bedroom? Then you’ll love this crochet Orange pouffe from Cuckooland
. Kids will love to lounge, sit or rest their little feet on this bright and eye catching design and the heavy thread cotton its made of is durable enough to withstand any playtime.
Like these ideas? Then why not check out Beautiful Botanics: 7 fresh ways to bring the outside in