Embrace the change of season and snuggle down in one of these cosy armchairs this autumn.
One minute we’re apparently getting an Indian summer, the next we hear that the coldest winter EVER is knocking at our doors- what ever the weather, this round up of the 10 best armchairs will help ease you into the new season.
Not only are armchairs inviting places to cosy-up with a good book and a cup of tea, or just lounge in comfort on a dark, wet evening watching the autumn leaves, they also make an impact on the feel and look of space. We’ve chosen 10 beautiful, design-led chairs that stand out for their quality, style or snugability.
1. Get the bohemian 70’s feel with this brown leather bucket chair, £299 from BHS. Easy to move from your sun spot in the garden to the fireside in your living in one single down pour.
2. This cool and sophisticated, 1950’s inspired cocktail chair would add a touch of vintage glamour to any home this autumn. Plus the fabric has been created by Kirby’s using patterns found at the London Transport Museum. Galapagos Bartholomew chair in Bakerloo Eclipse, £625, Amara.
3. Handmade in Italy, this stunning Hawkins armchair in green wool and grey velvet, £995, from Habitat as been designed in house and is also available in a leather and wool combination. Make a statement by placing it in a hallway or library.
4. This Designer Edition from Swoon Editions features the Karla armchair with print designed by Anja Jane, a print designer based in East London. There are only 6 available in this colour way – once they’ve gone, they’ve gone, so be sure to be ready for when they go on sale on 2nd November.
£449 including delivery.
5. The cubist shape of this Arthus Armchair in aubergine purple, £199, is softened by the curved armrests- a feature that’s highlighted by the accent piping, and the sleek, straight lines complete the modern look.
6. Put your feet up and relax into this contemporary grey armchair with footstool, from
£299 from Homesense. The curved shape makes it uber comfy to snuggle into and the footstool allows you to really recline in comfort and relax.
7. Place this armchair by a window so you can curl up and watch the autumn leaves in comfort.
Inspired by a classic and taken from an original design this 1958 armchair in Clover costs £585 from Oliver Bonas.
8. Bringing retro styling bang up to date with its delightful contrasting combination of raffia, metal and sumptuous green velvet is this Esmerelda round chair, £525, from Mia Fleur. Also available in soft pink.
9. This stylish little number was inspired by an old nineteenth century chair from Sweden and comes in a variety of colours and fabrics. The deep tufted, pleated back, wraps around you like a warm and loving embrace- perfect for those cold evenings on the horizon. Sark armchair in Sunshine pure cotton matt velvet, £720, Sofa.com.
Video Of The Week
Video Of The Week
10. Finally for the ultimate in tradition, then how about curling up in this classic tartan armchair from M&S? The curved arm rests make it perfect for lounging in and the high back will make you feel cosy. Sit with a glass of whisky fireside to feel like you’re in the Scottish highlands. Barra chair in Torrin plaid, Ruby, £999, Marks and Spencer.