Our favourite beautiful rural havens around the country
England plays host to some of the most beautiful country homes in existence, so we’ve decided to pick a few of our favourites for your viewing pleasure!
1. This stunning 19th century red brick house situated in the heart of the Lincolnshire countryside has been lovingly restored to reach its full potential. Surrounded by hills and cattle, it ticks all of the boxes!
2. This beautiful 18th-century Cotswolds manor with that oh-so-elegant sandstone brick exterior boasts six bedrooms, interior-designed living areas and a beautiful manicured garden. Dreamy!
3. With views spanning over the beautiful Devon estuary, this coastal home dating from the 1930s is the perfect getaway spot for all the family…
4. This rustic Welsh shepherd’s cottage dates from 1690 and includes a shepherd’s hut on the grounds. On the border of the Brecon Beacons, this remote home is a rural dream!
5. Some parts of this elegant manor house date back hundreds of years, and the main building itself dates back to 1911. With such a historic background, this house is full of character…
6. Six acres of land surround this Victorian farmhouse, dating back to 1894. Weekends at this home include strolls through the Wiltshire hills, a perfect way to unwind!
7. This converted 17th-century mill house was once a paper mill and didn’t become a family home in 1910. Overlooking the river Whitewater in Hampshire, the idyllic setting makes it the perfect country spot.
8. This quirky weatherboarded home was originally a railway man’s storage hut, dating back to 1840. The crooked exterior adds bundles of charm and charisma.
Video Of The Week
Video Of The Week
9. This renovated farmhouse with idyllic views across the countryside is a stunning mix of old and new. The neutral tones matched with the brick exterior perfectly complement the surroundings. All we need now is the key!
10. Built in the 1800s, this Georgian rectory is wonderfully traditional. The exquisite gardens shaped around the property are perfect for a summer garden party or a snowy Christmas morn.
Like this? For more ideas and inspiration visit the Country Homes & Interiors homepage