If your trusty vacuum breaks, then being able to cash in on vacuum deals can go a long way to help with your stress levels. You can find a great price on vacuums year-round if you know where to look, and take the expense out of replacing this home essential.
Some of the best vacuum cleaners on the market can cost a small fortune, so if you want to clean like Mrs Hinch, but you're on a budget, we have rounded up some of the best vacuum deals to save you hundreds.
Choosing the right vacuum cleaner will all depend on your size of home, flooring, whether you have kids, pets and whether you want to go cord free or even hands free! We've covered every possible style to meet your needs - whether you're in the market for one of the best cordless vacuums or an upright, cylinder or even a robot model, one of these deals should tick all your boxes.
Vacuum deals March 2024
Where to find the cheapest vacuum deals
- Amazon: a range of handheld, upright and cordless vacs on sale
- Argos: affordable models from a range of trusted brands
- AO: shop popular models on AO's curated sales page
- Currys: choose from a wide selection of top rated vacs
- Dyson: shop excellent deals straight from the retailer
- John Lewis: browse cut-price deals at John Lewis
- Robert Dyas: check out the range of branded vacuums at Robert Dyas
Best vacuum deals
Shark Stratos Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner IZ420UKT |
was £549.99, now £349.99 at Amazon
Named by our testers as the best cordless vacuum for picking up pet hair, this is what to choose if you have furry friends that leave a trail of fluff in their path. A 60-minute run-time, anti-odour capsules and the ability to transform it into a handheld model make it a dream to use.
Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner IZ300UKT |
was £429.99, now £319.99 at Amazon
It's no secret that we're huge fans of Shark vacuums, and with over £200 off, now is the time to buy. This cordless vacuum has anti-hair wrap technology which is great if you have pets (or long hair) and takes the crown of our best cordless vacuum overall.
Shark Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner ICZ300UKT |
was £429.99, now £329.99 at Amazon
A cordless vacuum with the power of a corded one - there's a reason this is our number one vacuum cleaner. It's great on pet hair, has immense power and has Powered LiftAway that makes it easy to carry up the stairs, so your back doesn't have to suffer.
Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ801UKT] |
was £349.99, now £292.50 at Amazon
Save over a third off the cost of this Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner [NZ801UKT] when you shop on Amazon. It’s able to adapt into a portable vacuum for getting into stairs and the interior of cars, and the lift-away technology will leave your floors spotless.
Sale shopping advice
Even though vacuum deals can absorb some of the financial hit, getting a brand new appliance like this can still be costly. That's why it's important to do your research before you take the plunge. These are the factors we'd recommend keeping in mind as you shop vacuums that are on sale.
- Type: The classic iteration of a vacuum cleaner is corded, meaning it plugs in at the wall. If you need a larger, more powerful vacuum cleaner for a bigger space or a busy family home, then it’s likely you’ll be opting for a corded vacuum, as you won’t have to worry about losing charge. Cordless vacuum cleaners are handheld appliances that you can use to get around your house with ease. They often have charging ports that you can attach to your walls or within your cupboards, and they are often lighter and smaller, for convenience. For the ultimate handsfree experience, there are robot vacuums that can whizz around your floors collecting dust and debris.
- Emptying: There’s a distinction to be made between bagless vacs and those which still have the traditional bag system. While bagless systems might be a little riskier with the mess, brands such as Dyson have engineered clever trigger systems so that you can aim for your bin better. Bagged systems are more expensive and arguably fussier.
- Features: Aside from simply cleaning your floors, plenty of vacuums have extra features to make them worth your investment. That includes additional brush, crevice and pet tools, as well as attachments to help you clean your car. Other models have varying settings when it comes to power, so you can go turbo when you need to. If you or a family member struggle with allergies, a HEPA filter can help you keep allergens at bay too.
When to shop
Luckily vacuum deals surface all year-round, with different peak times. While Black Friday and Cyber Monday can yield excellent prices, there's also money to be saved during the spring cleaning months, especially as new models get reduced, prompting a knock on effect with reducing older stock.
Also, unless the price is really advantageous or on a must-have brand (think Dyson), vacuums don't tend to sell out, meaning you can have a good pick of stock in most months.
Our top tip if you're a fan of a particular brand is to sign up to retailer's mailing lists, so that you can offers straight into your inbox. You can also bookmark this handy page, and simply navigate from there!
Amazon Prime Day vacuum deals
If you're a Prime member, then you might already know about the merits of Amazon Prime Day. If not, then this exclusive event allows members to shop all sorts of buys at bargain prices for two days only.
The dates usually fall in mid-July and vacuums are likely to be vastly reduced across the event. For all the information you need (as well as deals!), check out our dedicated Amazon Prime Day home deals page.
Black Friday vacuum deals
As we mentioned earlier, Black Friday vacuum deals are the main event when it comes to catching one of these can't-live-without-one appliances at a good price.
In 2022, our favourite deals included great prices on all sorts of vacuums from Shark, Dyson, Miele, VAX and more.
As with other appliances, we've noticed that some of the best vacuum deals can typically be found on models that have been in the market for a year or two. So while we're not sure if brand-new models will be available for a reduced price, those that are a couple of generations old are ones to bookmark.
Get the Ideal Home Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for style and decor inspiration, house makeovers, project advice and more.
After writing for all of Future's Homes titles, Molly is now an Ecommerce Editor at Ideal Home, working across a range of shopping content to find the best buys for your space. Previously, she was the Staff Writer at TopTenReviews, another Future site, where she covered home content, which to a US audience is anything from turkey fryers to ride-on lawn mowers. Now, she spends her time writing reviews of appliances she’s tested at home and at our testing facility (we're talking air fryers, vacuums, dehumidifiers and more!), as well as curating buying guides. She's a certified Consumer Expert for several product categories after passing a five-step program including hands-on experience, consumer interviews and extensive research into her specialist areas including kitchen appliances and vacuums.
Should you flip your mattress? Experts reveal whether rotating has replace flipping a mattress
Is a regular mattress flip still necessary?
By Sara Hesikova
I just discovered these genius laundry detergent sheets - they've saved me so much space in my tiny kitchen
If you're short on storage this laundry swap could be a game-changer
By Rebecca Knight
Horti-futurism is the emerging sci-fi-inspired garden trend that's like nothing we've seen before
5 ways to make the unique and interesting aesthetic work for your outdoor space
By Ellis Cochrane
The best Amazon Prime Day household essentials to bulk buy now and save money all year round
Take advantage of epic discounts and cut down your trips to the supermarket
By Lauren Bradbury
Amazon is selling a dupe for this cult IKEA buy – it's cheaper but almost identical
Snag this cult buy for less
By Jullia Joson
Shark vs Dyson - which cult vacuum is the best investment for your home?
We take a closer look at two of the most popular vacuum cleaner brands
By Ellis Cochrane
Are robot vacuum cleaners worth it? What to know before you grab one this Prime Day
To buy a robot vacuum cleaner or not to buy a robot vacuum cleaner? That is the question
By Lauren Bradbury
Act fast! The Levoit Core Mini Air Purifier is ridiculously affordable this Prime Day
It'll be tricky to find a better air purifier deal this Prime Day...
By Thea Babington-Stitt
The best air purifiers for improving indoor air quality – tried and tested
The best air purifiers for improving indoor air quality and filtering dust, pollen and odours, as tested by the Ideal Home team. Our top recommendations from Blueair, Levoit, Dyson, AEG, and more
By Amy Lockwood
Air purifier deals 2024 – improve indoor air quality for less
Today's cheapest air purifier deals – improve indoor air quality with discounts on Blueair, Levoit, Philips, AEG, and more
By Amy Lockwood
This Shark vacuum cleaner is 50% off ahead of Black Friday
What's not to love?
By Millie Hurst