We’re now in the midst of Amazon Prime Day 2020, and have already made some bargain discoveries. We’ve seen favourite appliances like KitchenAids and Shark vacuum cleaners slashed in price. Ts and tech are reduced and we’ve even seen bargain bundles of surface wipes and other cleaning essentials.
Get the lowdown on the best products to pop on your wish list with our buying guides
See all the latest bargains below…
Best Amazon Prime Day mattress deals
- Emma Original King Mattress | Was £579 Now £387.93, Amazon
- Amazing deals on Silentnight mattresses | Now from £159.99
- Simba Hybrid Essential mattress | Was £555, Now £285.48, Amazon
Best Amazon Prime Day kitchen deals 2020
See all our latest Amazon Prime Day kitchen deals – blender bargains and cut-price kettles
- Nespresso XN903840 Vertuo Plus: Was £179.99, now £69.99
- Sage The Barista Express Machine: Save BIG with £199.99 off, was £599, £399.99
- Panasonic Automatic Rice Cooker: 26% off to save, was £189.99 now £139.99
- Kenwood Multipro Food Processor: Save £30 off this multi-purpose kitchen must-have, was £109.99, now £79.99
- Breville Halo Air Fryer: Save 25% off the price and use 99.5% less oil – now £89.99 (was £119.99)
- Russell Hobbs filter coffee maker: Sip classic filter coffee for £35 (was £54.99)
- NutriBullet deal: Make healthy smoothies for just £57.99 (down from £89.99)
- Russell Hobbs Mode Kettle: Save £58% on making a cuppa – now £24.99
Best Amazon Prime Day vacuum deals 2020
- Shark handheld vacuum: The portable vacuum cleaner is now just £89.99 (save 31%)
- Hetty vacuum: the iconic Hetty is an all-time low price! Was £120 now £99 at Amazon
- Shark Upright vacuum: upgrade today, was £349.99 now £246.30 at Amazon
- Cordless handheld vacuum: fast-charging and complete with wall mount, now £27.99 at Amazon
- Shark Upright Vacuum Cleaner: half-price AND comes with a car detailing kit – just £184.99 all in!
- Hoover Breeze bagless pets vacuum: pet hair is no more with this vacuum, now just £64.99
- eufy RoboVac 11S MAX – let this robot vacuum clean for you – now £167.99 (save 30%)
Best Amazon Prime Day TV deals 2020
- Sony Bravia 32-inch TV: Save £100 on the KDL32WE613BU, now just £249
- LG 43UN71006LB 43-inch LED TV: This picture-perfect telly is now just £379
- Panasonic 43-inch TV: Get £100 off the Panasonic TX-43HX580BZ, now £399
- Hisense 55-inch TV: This spectacular Quantum Series telly has £300 off, now £799
- Sony Bravia KD49XH81: was £799, now £699
- Hisense 43AE7000FTUK 43-inch TV: was £299, now £268 (save 10%)
- Panasonic TX-32G302B 32 Inch TV: A 32-inch TV for under £150 – what a bargain!
Best Amazon Prime Day garden deals – early bird offers
See all our latest Amazon Prime Day garden deals – everything from patio heaters to lawnmowers
- Bosch lawn mowers: Save up to 34% on a range of great models
- Flymo robot lawnmowers: Save £150 on Amazon’s best-selling model
- Outdoor festoon lights: Solar Garden Lights Outdoor: down from £20.99, now £12.99 at Amazon
- Garden Furniture covers: save 14% off Tvrid Heavy Duty Furniture covers, now £30.89
- Flymo C-Link Combi Pack – 37% cheaper, was £229.99, now £145.99
- Gardena Programming Unit: was £79.99, now £43.06
- All Seasons Gazebos – save £51 on weatherproof party tent, was £199.99, now £148.99
Best Amazon Prime Day Kindle deals 2020
See all our latest Amazon Prime Day Kindle deals – Top-notch tablets and e-readers!
- Kindle – the classic e-reader is just £44.99 (save 36%)
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite – reduced 32% to £79.99 – and it’s fully waterproof!
- Kindle Kids Edition – save nearly 50% as the Kindle for Kids is £54.99
- Kindle Oasis – this price tag is no mirage; get yourself an Oasis at 30% off
- Fire 7 Tablet – warm-up your Winter nights with the Fire 7 for just £29.99
- Fire HD 8 Table – all-new tablet at a rock-bottom price, 50% off!
- Fire HD 10 Kids Edition Tablet – keep the children entertained with the Fire Kids Edition, now £134.99
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
Amazon Prime Day 2020 starts on Tuesday 13th October 2020 at 12am and runs until the end of the day on Wednesday 14th October 2020.
You know we can’t resist a good deal here at Ideal Home. So we always get excited at the prospect of Amazon Prime Day.
Usually held in mid July, it’s a chance for Amazon Prime customers to take advantage of exclusive and generous money-off deals on Amazon products and other big brands. However, the huge impact of Coronavirus and the demands it has put on online shopping and delivery has led to a Prime Day delay in 2020.
Is Amazon Prime Day better than Black Friday?
Amazon tends to offer similar discounts on Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day. Also, on Prime Day, it’s been known for retailers such as John Lewis to ‘price match’ Amazon Prime Day deals.
However, since Black Friday covers many retailers – not just Amazon, there will be a wider choice of bargains on offer on Black Friday.
There is a very good reason to shop on Amazon Prime Day, however.
With leading experts warning that we should stagger our Christmas shopping this year. It may make sense NOT to wait for Black Friday, but rather take advantage of Black Friday bargains first.
Speaking to the BBC, Andy Mulcahy from IMRG, the industry body for online retailers, explains. ‘We think the volumes are going to be really very excessive this year. Whilst that in itself is not a problem, getting too much of it too close to Christmas is going to be a bit of a problem.’
‘If you can spread out your shopping and do quite a lot of it in November, maybe even a bit of it now, then that would really help.’
How do I access Amazon Prime Day deals?
To get your mitts on the deals come Prime Day, you’ll need to sign up for an Amazon Prime account. Monthly membership at a costs £7.99, but you can sign up for a 30-day free trial and see how you get on. This can be cancelled at any time.
Prime gives you access to lots of extra services, including a subscription to Prime Instant Video, where you can watch exclusive series like The Crown, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and The Boys.
You’ll also get free next-day delivery, so you can enjoy your bargains straightaway. Because who wants to wait around for their goodies to arrive?
Sign up: Amazon Prime 30-day free trial
Top tip: If someone in your household already has Amazon Prime, you can now be added to their account and enjoy the same benefits. Kids can be added, too.
What is a Lightning deal?
Lightning Deals are what Amazon Prime Day is all about. An item will go on sale at a discount for a limited time (usually for a few hours, max) or until a certain number have been sold.
On any Lightning deal, you’ll see a timer counting down how long you have to claim the deal, and a percentage bar that shows how many of that particular item have already been purchased or are in a customer’s basket.
When stocks are really low, you might be added to a Waitlist. This means that if a shopper has the item in their basket but doesn’t go through to checkout, you might still have a chance to grab it. You’ll need to be quick though!
Tips for buying the right thing on Amazon Prime Day
1. Write a list
Before you start shopping for tech, write a list of what you actually want, and stick to it! It’s all to easy to be distracted by – and waste money on – reduced-price gadgets that, in reality, you’ll barely ever use.
2. Do your research
‘Wow – a 4K, 46inch TV reduced to £80! I’ve not heard of the brand but surely I’d be MAD not to buy it?!’
OK, so maybe that’s a slight exaggeration, but you should always ask yourself why the item is so cheap. If the picture or sound quality of that £80 TV is so poor it’s unwatchable, you’ll only have to replace it with something more expensive down the line, and all the while you could have missed out on a really good deal on a really good set.
So whether you’re in the market for a TV or a blender, read reviews beforehand and jot down the names or numbers of the models that most impress you, along with their average pre-Amazon Prime Day prices or RRPs. That way, when you come to shop, you’ll know that you’re getting a great product and genuine deal.
3. Use the Amazon app’s Watch-a-Deal feature
Download the Amazon app and you can also take advantage of the ‘Watch-A-Deal’ feature. This sends an alert whenever an item you want goes on offer. To get alerted when your deals start, open the app, go to the menu and select Settings, then tap Notifications. Turn on Watched and Waitlisted deals.
Next, go into Today’s Deals and add any Upcoming Deals that you’re interested in to your Waitlist. Now as soon as a deal starts, a notification will pop up on your phone screen, so you don’t miss it.
Good luck, and remember – it’s only a bargain if you really need it!
Amazon Prime Day 2020 – trending products
1. Handmade gifts
Artisanal gifts – be they homemade candles or perfectly imperfect hand-thrown pots – are set to be in high demand in the coming months. Lockdown has compelled us to seek out the pleasure in simple tasks, like enjoying a nice cup of tea, or taking a bath and doing that with your own unique mug or a signature relaxing scent makes the experience all the more special.
We are fans of London-based Octo Candles’ unique range of home fragrance, with intriguing names such as Sweater Weather and Italian Garden. And look to Owl & Otter for personalised velvet cushions, trinket dishes and more.
If you’re a Prime member and shop with either of these small businesses on Prime Day, you’ll get £10 off your order.
Sorry gin lovers. Your favourite botanical-based tipple is no longer the trendiest of them all. As we creep towards Christmas, two new spirits are going head to head for top spot.
First up, rum. craft rums are set to replace craft gins as the mixologists favourite, and we’re hoping to pick up a bottle or two of Bacardi Gran Reserva 10 Year Old Aged Rum, 70cl, currently priced at £64.70, Amazon
Our favourite Amazon Prime Day 2019 UK deals
You had to be quick to snap up the amazing Lightning Deal on this 50-inch HiSense TV. HiSense is a Chinese brand that we know and trust here on Ideal Home, and we’re particular fans of their TVs. This particular model offers a lot of bang for your buck – including built-in Freeview Play so you can start watching straight out of the box.
Lats year, it was available with 35 per cent off, reduced from £449 to an Amazon Prime Day price of £294.
Has a lack of drill made all those lockdown DIY tasks even more of a chore? Fear not, because there’s usually a brilliant deal to be had on Amazon Prime Day.
With 52 per cent off, this Bosch drill was a not-to-be-missed bargain. It was slashed in price from £104.99 to an Amazon Prime Day price of £49.99
We often see Miele vacuum cleaners discounted on Prime Day, so we were pleased to see the C2 on sale. This corded Miele vacuum cleaner is a top performer, and just brilliant at picking up dirt.
If the price hasn’t won you over, perhaps the fact that this model has been tested for use for 20 years might. With an RRP of £190, its Prime Day price was £124, so you really were making a great saving – 35 per cent to be exact.
It’s not common to see SIM-free iPhones massively reduced, so we were surprised and delighted to see this deal pop up last year. You could have chosen from 64GB, 128GB or 256GB of storage – the 256Gb phone was on sale from £599.20 (down from £749), a saving of £150.
We’ll be updating this page with all the latest deals of the day, as soon as we hear about them. So make sure you bookmark us, and happy bargain hunting!