Teepee sales soar as Brits embrace summer staycations
The glorious sunny weather so far this summer has encouraged glamping galore. Forget traditional tents, the hottest way to set up camp this summer is in a trendy teepee. Reports show teepee sales are soaring, with over three thousand sold on eBay in July alone!
The only one way to camp out in style this summer…
Summer showers are forecast to continue this week, but fear not! This fashionable accessory is just as ideal indoors, as it it is for gardens.
Children’s rooms and playrooms are being transformed up and down the country with the simple addition of a quirky teepee. The attractive alternative to a tent can provide a place place to play, while adding a playful touch to the decor.
‘Our research shows that 2018 is the year of the Great British Staycation. Parents are looking to recreate the memories of their childhood with their own kids. Their UK holidays brought up-to-date with the latest tech, kit and holiday accessories.’ explains Murray Lambell, Vice President of UK Trading at eBay.
It’s not only teepees Brits are shopping for! Comfy airbeds have seen a spike in sales, up 167 per cent in the last month.
Ebay’s Ultimate Staycation Survival List
1. Smartphone – 70 percent say it’s the number one essential item
2. Tablet – a distraction for the journey and entertainment for the holiday
3. Lazmac inflatable lounger – upgrade camping chairs with the latest in comfortable lounging
4. Chilly bottle – forget the traditional thermos flask, this is this season’s must have bottle
5. Personal Sunshade – for those who don’t want to throw shade
6. All-purpose portable kitchen – perfect for family meals on-the-go
7. Solar lights – use the power of the sun to light up outdoor living
8. High tech sleeping bag – don’t overheat with traditional fillings, choose next generation technology to keep you feeling fresh
9. Portable charger – never miss a call or a photo opportunity
10. Electric cool box – powered by your car to keep drinks and food chilled
Shop eBay’s ‘Must-have Staycation Essentials’
Are you ready to survive your staycation in style?