Transform the heart of your home with our pick of the latest kitchen tiles
Tiles are a key part of kitchen decorating: they’re practical and also a fab way to add personality to your scheme. We’ve picked out this gorgeous designs that will make your kitchen extra special.
1. Keep your look simple and costs down by choosing plain square tiles, then add interest by combinging black, white and grey designs for a smart finish.
Grey Gloss ceramic wall tiles (mixed pack), £7.59 per sq m, Wickes
2. Personalise your kitchen by including Scrabble-inspired tiles to spell out favourite words, your family’s names or food-related words – they’re in a kitchen after all! Keep the words simple and fairly short so the shape of your display is relatively even. This look would be great for a splashback behind a hob or a sink.
Scrabble tiles, £4.95 each, Walls and Floors
3. Create an air of luxury in your kitchen with a swathe of marble. The subtle tones and pretty ribbon-like patterns will add understated elegance to all kitchen styles.
Nantucket polished marble tiles, £79.97 per sq m, Fired Earth
Video Of The Week
4. Piece together a bold patchwork design with a mix of plain and patterned tiles. They’re ideal for creating an on-trend vintage look.
Parian tiles, from £79 per sq m, British Ceramic Tile
5. Arrange tiles in a different pattern to the norm for a striking look. This diagonal layout is perfect for a modern scheme.
Grey Metro ceramic tiles, £32.5 per sq m, Topps Tiles