As once year comes to a close, with another on the cusp, we're starting to get exciting about all the shiny new things the months ahead promise use. And new collections from our favourite brands are a big part of that here at Ideal Home. So of course we were delighted to get a sneak peek of the George Home spring/summer 2024 range, which is due to launch in January.
We can’t wait to get our hands on some of the stylish pieces that are very much in line with some of the biggest home decor trends for the upcoming year, not least because while these pieces boast a high-end look, they also couldn’t be more affordable.
And just like with our first look of George Home’s autumn/winter 2023 collection, we’ll give you the low-down of the key themes, as well as our pick of the sure to sell-out pieces.
George Home spring/summer 2024 collection preview
The new George Home at Asda collection features five key themes – some more elevated, others more fun and whimsical, meaning there's something for everyone.
‘Ranging from calm and wholesome, to minimalist and abstract, to eccentric and feminine, these beautiful new spring summer trends have something to suit everyone’s taste and budget,’ says Katy Traill, senior design manager at George Home.
The collection themes
- Spring Cottage – A countryside-inspired style filled with natural textures and materials and colours influenced by nature during spring like green, beige, soft blue and pale yellow. Motifs like stripes, checks and florals are abundant here.
- Parisian Breakfast – Romantic reds and pinks are paired in striking patterns inspired by the city of love. Classic French stripes are of course ever-present, paired with a diamond pattern and ruffled trims. To really highlight the Parisian theme, French slogans are seen on cushions and plates, while other cushions come shaped as a croissant or a love heart.
- Sculptured – Quiet luxury gets its time in the spotlight as the Sculptured look embraces a minimalist colour palette of black, white, cream and an occasional pop of soft pink. Graphic patterns are set against muted, monochrome pieces that are all about their sculpted shapes.
- Bohemian – This is a range inspired by escapism and travel to the likes of Morocco. Ornamental prints appear set against shades of terracotta and indigo blue and natural materials like straw and seagrass.
- Prairie – ‘For those looking for even more statement additions – cowboys, horses, cacti and other wild west icons bring fun to our capsule trend Prairie,’ says Katy.
Our top picks
But now that you know what the looks are, here are our 3 top picks that we will certainly be adding to cart come January.
1. Green Trim Scallop Tray
Scalloping has been a huge trend all throughout this year and it took on many forms from the scallop jute rug trend to scallop lampshades. And according to George Home, it’s not going anywhere in 2024.
Earlier this year, Habitat’s Scallop Woven Tray became a cult buy. And we’re certain that George Home’s round version from its Spring Cottage category will be just as popular. Especially as it’s only £8.
2. Bobbin Table
This year the high street went bobbin crazy as we saw the bobbin finish on everything from mirrors to lamp bases and side tables. But this is the first time we’re seeing a bobbin side table for as little as £25.
But if you’re not into the black version from the Sculptured range, there is also a pink one inspired by the Parisian Breakfast theme. It’s definitely a stylish way to inject some colour into your home.
And unlike the other two, this piece is already available on the website. We say run, don’t walk to bag yours.
3. Large Shell Bowl
The giant clam shell decor has been championed by the likes of Angela Scanlon and Matilda Goad making it a big trend of the past year (if not longer). The only issue with this particular piece of home decor is the usually high price tag.
But George Home says no more to that as it prices its Large Shell Bowl at £14. We still can’t believe it and will certainly be on the lookout for this one.
There are so many more beautiful, stylish and intriguing pieces in this upcoming collection. But this is what impressed us the most at first glance and what we’re looking forward to decorating our own homes with.
George Home Spring/Summer 2024 collection will be available from January 2024.
Get the Ideal Home Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for style and decor inspiration, house makeovers, project advice and more.
Sara Hesikova has been Ideal Home’s News Writer since July 2023, bringing the Ideal Home’s readership breaking news stories from the world of home and interiors. Graduating from London College of Fashion with a bachelor’s degree in fashion journalism in 2016, she got her start in niche fashion and lifestyle magazines like Glass and Alvar as a writer and editor before making the leap into interiors. She feels the two are intrinsically connected - if someone puts an effort into what they wear, they most likely also care about what they surround themselves with.
This gorgeous home into a calming haven nestled in the Scottish Highlands
A calming neutral palette in this Highlands home means the star of the show is always the view outside
By Alison Gibb
Aldi's two-time sellout dual-zone air fryer is finally returning to stores – and it's less than £70
Over 80,000 people queued for it in 2022, and it's finally back
By Jullia Joson
What to plant in March – the flowers, fruit and vegetables experts recommend sowing this month
Your March planting guide
By Kayleigh Dray