Artistic flourishes don't have to be saved for the canvas - this season, they're set to be seen throughout your interior. From soft furnishings to tableware, painterly patterns will take you from spring to summer with their bright and pretty stylings. Moody blues and floral hues are the ideal way to refresh your space and bring a sense of art appreciation home.
1. Layer inky-blue wallpapers to add depth and vibrancy - install an art-like focal point by framing one shade.
2. Explore tonal harmony by using the whole of a palette - from soft, pastel blue to the deepest azure.
Curtains made in Esme 7754/05 linen in Danube, Romo. Terracotta pots, The Cretan Pottery Company; painted in Lapis Lazuli; Prussian; Forget Me Not; Sainte Chapelle; Cornish Ware; Bluebell; Clear Sky; Jodhpur Palace; and Tourmaline matt emulsions, Designers Guild.
3. Create a subtle, impressionist mood with colourwashed patterns flowing across every surface.
4. Bold black and white brush strokes have a Rothko-like look - stipple ceramics for a similar effect.
5. Fabrics feature finer lines, swirling in monochrome patterns. Set against a wide-striped floor for contrast.
6. Introduce pencil-thin geometrics and ink-blot motifs to play with scale and form.
7. Use reversible colours and prints on a single piece to create a contemporary, op-art design.
Gorska chair, Julian Chichester; upholstered in Orwell L9050-01 linen in Black; and Orwell L9050-02 linen in White, Larsen at Colefax and Fowler. Marc Newson book stand and Annie Leibovitz Collector's Edition book, Ralph Lauren Home.
8. Team graphic textiles with faux concrete and graffiti for a streetwise statement.
9. Big up a teen's bedroom with a large-scale mural.
10. Keep the urban vibe alive with hand-drawn doodles in vibrant shades. Been there, tagged that...
Get the Ideal Home Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for style and decor inspiration, house makeovers, project advice and more.
Tamara was Ideal Home's Digital Editor before joining the Woman & Home team in 2022. She has spent the last 15 years working with the style teams at Country Homes & Interiors and Ideal Home, both now at Future PLC. It’s with these award wining interiors teams that she's honed her skills and passion for shopping, styling and writing. Tamara is always ahead of the curve when it comes to interiors trends – and is great at seeking out designer dupes on the high street.
How to overseed a lawn for fuller, greener, and healthier grass this spring
Your one-way ticket to a lush and vibrant lawn
By Jullia Joson
Stacey Dooley sparks a debate about having a TV in the bedroom – but the experts settle it once and for all
Does a TV have a place in the bedroom? Stacey Dooley started a debate but experts settle it once and for all
By Sara Hesikova
Growing tomatoes in hanging baskets - a step-by-step guide on when to do it, what you’ll need, and how to do it
Did you know that you can grow tomatoes in hanging baskets?
By Lauren Bradbury