Plain white bedlinen is officially over, people! Yes, we loved that crisp, hotel look for yonks, but now it’s all about colour and pattern… and we’re loving it. If you’re bored of your bedroom, then give it a one-step makeover with some bright, beautiful bedding.
Now’s the time to bag a bargain – there are lots of Black Friday deals out there. We’ve done an audit of what’s out there and pulled together this roundup of the best designs at the best prices. Treat yourself!
Black Friday bedding deals – quick links
- La Redoute: Lots of choice, all at discounts from 25% to 40% off separates
- Oliver Bonas: Get £19 off the stunning Estella bedding set
- Joules Cambridge Floral Bedding: Save 30 per cent plus an extra 20 per cent off at the checkout at Bedeck
- Joules Harbour Dogs Bedding: Save 30 per cent plus an extra 20 per cent off at the checkout at Bedeck
- Swanton Floral Duvet Set (single): Save almost £20 on this gorgeous set from Joules
- Christy Skye Stripe Duvet Set in Blush: Half price at Debenhams
- Evie Multicoloured Duvet Cover Set: Save 50 per cent at Debenhams
- Hotel 800TC Egyptian Cotton Duvet Cover: Save £35 at House of Fraser
- Hotel Ruched Faux Fur Throw: Save £19 at House of Fraser
- Linea Jack Duvet Set: Save £18 at House of Fraser
- Argos Home Fleece Trees Bedding Set: Save 25 per cent at Argos
- Argos Home Grey Trees Bedding Set: Christmas has come early with this discounted festive set
- Lara 180 TC Percale Duvet Cover set: Save £12.50 at Wayfair
- Norma Duvet Cover Set: 60 per cent off at Wayfair
- Aubree Duvet Cover Set: 75 per cent off at Wayfair
- Cavallaro Duvet Cover Set: Save 41 per cent at Wayfair
- Percale 300 Thread Count Duvet Cover: Save £24 at Marks & Spencer
- Sienna Quilt: Save 30 per cent at The White Company
- Sienna Cushion Cover: Save 30 per cent at The White Company
- Non Iron Plain Dye Duck Egg Blue Duvet Cover: Snap up this discount at Dunelm
Black Friday La Redoute bedding deals
Black Friday Oliver Bonas bedding deals
Black Friday Joules bedding deals
Joules Harbour Dogs Bedding (Single- Super King), was £100, now £56, Bedeck
This adorable canine print is perfect for dog lovers. What’s more, 30 per cent off makes it even more appealing.
Black Friday Debenhams bedding deals
Evie Multicoloured Duvet Cover Set: (Single- Super King), was £60, now £30, Debenhams
Save 50 per cent on this modern floral design, perfect for bringing pattern to a neutral backdrop.
Black Friday House of Fraser bedding deals
Black Friday Argos bedding deals
Argos Home Fleece Trees Bedding Set: (Single-King Size), was £30, NOW £22.50, Argos
Save 25 per cent on this set, which rings in the cosiness of winter with its Christmas tree design.
Black Friday Wayfair bedding deals
Lara 180 TC Percale Duvet Cover Set, was £34.99, now £22.49, Wayfair
This reversible 100% cotton double duvet will give your bedroom a touch of subtle colour and pattern. It includes two envelope pillowcases.
Black Friday Marks & Spencer bedding deals
Percale 300 Thread Count Double Duvet Cover, was £60, now £36
Nothing beats a good night’s sleep and this 300 thread count duvet cover certainly helps things along. It’s made with soft, tightly woven sustainably sourced cotton, so you can sleep sound.
Black Friday The White Company bedding deals
Sienna Quilt (from Single to Super King): was £210, now £147, The White Company
Save 30 per cent on this lightweight quilt. The delicate embroidery and tassels add bohemian glam to a bedroom
Black Friday Dunelm bedding deals
What do I look for in bed sheets?
When it comes to choosing your bed linen there are a few important things to look out for. First up is the thread count (the number of strands woven into one square inch of fabric) – the higher the thread count, generally, the softer the fabric.
There’s also the type of material to consider – for example, do you want cotton or a linen blend? As well as the type of weave – there’s percale (where the shorter, rougher fibres are combed out), sateen (which is woven to create a silky smooth surface with a luminous sheen) or flannel (which is brushed after weaving to give a soft, fluffy surface texture), amongst others. So it’s best to do some research before you go to buy.
Of course, there’s your own personal style to consider as well. Do you want more neutral-coloured bedding or a jazzier print so your bed acts as the statement of the room?
What’s the difference between thread counts?
Simply put, the higher the thread count, the more threads there are within the fabric. Bedding with a higher thread count, like 750, tends to feel softer and less dense which can give off a more luxurious feel to it – it’s also more likely to soften over time. However, a higher thread count often means more expensive bedding.
Thread counts range from 180 through to 1000, but softness is mostly dependent on the quality of the fibre so make sure you keep that in mind.
What is the best quality bedding?
The most popular option for bedding is 100% cotton sheets because they feel natural and soft. Premium cotton, like pima or Egyptian, is considered luxury bedding because it’s softer and more durable – but this comes with a more expensive price tag.